Mother's Day Ideas for Younger Kids
There are a number of Mother’s Day ideas for younger kids to become involved in. Let’s explore some of them.
There are a number of Mother’s Day books which younger kids can read to their moms to celebrate the day. In addition, if your child attends pre-school, the teacher may have each of the kids make hand prints as a gift for their moms. Or the child can be helped making flowers using construction paper.
Children love to make gifts for parents. These are just a few of the things younger kids can do to show their love on Mother’s Day. Here are a few more ideas.
* Dad can make breakfast for mom and the younger child can bring it to mom’s room and surprise her.
* Make Mother’s Day signs and hang them around the home.
* Write a letter to Mom on colorful paper.
* Make a Mother’s Day card.
* Dad can go online and print out a Mother’s Day template for kids to color and present to mom.
* The kids may offer to do certain chores for a week.
* If age appropriate, the kids could make signs and glue them on to t-shirts.
* Use construction paper to make a hanging sign spelling out the word love.
* There is an award template which can be printed out and given to mom.
There are a myriad of ideas in which younger kids can show mom how much they are loved. Kids are creative, and they may come up with other Mother’s Day ideas or activities as well. Perhaps dad can take the child out to the garden and choose a rose to give to mom.
Mother’s day ideas for younger kids, depending upon their age, can encompass a variety of creative and thoughtful presents. Dad, ask your kids what they would like to do, and offer your assistance. Make this day special for mom. She sure deserves it!